Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jobless in the land of the American Dream

Now I have been jobless since this blog was started, and I am constantly looking out for more work to do. Web stuff, film editing, film producing, CAD work, just selling stuff, etc. When I am driving around dropping off resume's I can't stop thinking about how it might be our fault this economy is the way it is. Where I live I would say is middle class. People driving around in NEW mercedes, porsches, and other cars they have no business in. I could barely handle a 450$ a month payment for a subaru, and that was when I was getting paid well. People don't account for the money that they should be SAVING. They think that every month if they have ANY money left over, then thats fine. I am as guilty as anyone using credit cards, I used a credit card to pay the difference I lost when I had to sell the Subaru. (when you buy a car off the lot, at the first payment you are already upside down on it because of TT&L). I also used my credit card for school books and my SAG card. Now I have a crazy balance. It sounds simple, but NO ONE does this: If you don't have the CASH money to pay for something, don't buy it. Save your money. You will save money on interest, so much money. And most likely you will have better credit if you use your money correctly. Check out this funny but really true video:

DON"T BUY STUFF YOU CAN"T AFFORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment