Monday, May 11, 2009

The Five Star Rating


I have noticed alot of stuff online, reviews, and such, are rated in 5 stars. Let me tell you why this is not good for you to base your decisions off of. I will trust a 2, 3, 4 star rating over a 1 or 5 star rating any day. #1) There is no such thing as a 5 star rating, I wouldn't trust a place with a 5 star rating. It means some manager or person went in there and made a fake review. I also wouldn't trust when all the ratings are 1's and 5's. That means some people got really crappy service or whatever(1's), and some managers went in there and tried to level it out by putting a bunch of 5's. Also one of my pet peeves is people rating things at their highest. Highest = perfect, and there is no such thing as perfect. I remember I used to go on Hot or Not all the time. And I would see all these chicks with 9.8's just because they are showing their cleavage. Here is the problem with rating at its highest. You go to a restaurant, and wow was the food good! The best you have ever had. You go home on Google and write an eloquent 5 star review, praising the wait staff etc. Then next week you go somewhere else, holy crap.....this place is even better. Now you want to write a review...wait... how can you put more than 5 stars? You can't put a 5+ on there. And you can't go back and DE rate that last review you did. Now you are stuck. Thus you should only be able to use a 5 star or 10 out of 10 rating ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, preferably on your deathbed to make sure you don't accidentally use one again. Off the soap box now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to give this blog posting 5 stars. Just kidding. Owners write their own reviews all the time, it seems. I've even written good reviews for friends to even out the bad ones. I only trust my friends' opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I also have given 5 stars to even out what I thought was an unfair rating. Gold star!

    ReplyDelete