Friday, June 19, 2009

Those stupid PC commercials

Now admittedly I am a MAC owner, which doesn't mean I am a mac person. I own a PC as well. Its nice to have both. But it angers me how they are using Macs to sell PCs in these newest "find a PC and its yours" commercials. First of all, these "customers"(in quotes because they could be actors)either have stupidly written lines, or they are stupid. What is sadder, is that they are probably actually reaching people with their stupidity. "Oh I like this apple but its 2,000 dollars?!". Guess what? As saying still goes, "You get what you pay for." I am writing on a 6 year old Powerbook G4 that has never given me any problems. And it still looks like the second to last generation of Mac Book Pros. Yeah it cost 2k when it was new, but how many trash compaq, or hp's would I have gone through by now? By the way this only goes for laptops. I am fairly certain I could build my own stellar "Mac Pro" out of Fry's electronics parts and still be thousands under the price for a real Mac Pro. In laptops they just have to be really well made, because everything is all one piece and put together so closely. Its a miracle they don't all melt together or catch on fire sometimes.....oh whats that you say? They do catch on fire, and explode sometimes? Never mind.
I think the argument from "Office Space" says it best. "You only have to wear 7 pieces of flare, but if you want to wear more, we are all for it. There are people who do the bare minimum, and then there are people who want to excel, and go a little further. Do you want to be one of those people?"

I also love how they all talk about how Mac is all about asthetics, and then choose a PC based on the way it looks :) But hey if someone gave me 1500$ to act like an idiot and get a free computer, I would do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment