Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Enertia Electric Bike

This is a good example of "responsible" hipsterness. I am of course answering back at that 1903 Harley Replica road bicycle with the 2 stroke engine I talked about last week.
http://www.enertiabike.com/
The specs for this electric motorbike are better than the 1903, that does come at a higher cost however. Who can put a cost on our environment though? Ok don't answer that.
Price: 12k USD
Top speed only 50mph
Range is 45 miles @ 25mph
0-30mph in 3.8 seconds!
Lithium Phosphate batteries power it. And as always, range, and speed will increase as battery technology gets better.
Its got about the same specs as my 1982 Honda Passport, but mine uses dirty dirty gasoline. I got mine for a 6 pack of wine though, not 12k. I have to say that THIS is a step in the right direction. YAY technology. BOOO big oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment