Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Taking a piss in a CUP, beat that?


Can you think of a more obtuse and unnatural situation than peeing in a cup while someone outside is waiting for said pee?
Inevitably someday you may find your way to a job, in which they drug test you. Not under suspicion for drugs, but rather they test you before you even start working. And you have to make your way to the dreaded "Diagnostics Center". This last time I went was actually not as bad as the first time I went, when I was working for the Highway Department. They explain things to you in a concise manner as to not confuse you. Don't worry you get to wash your hands with Purell and soap a couple of times during the process(in case you got a little hasty filling up that nasty clear cup). 60ml doesn't seem like that much to fill, but make sure you are well hydrated because you don't pee as much as you think. I couldn't imagine filling 60ml worth of "other fluids" if you know what I am saying.
I understand that employers are doing these preemptive tests so they weed out all the, um....weed heads, but I feel like we should give people the benefit of the doubt. Test them when they show up to work all lethargic and red-eyed. Just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment