Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Windows on OSX, but OSX on a PC= Illegal!


What gives? I am looking to get a new computer, perusing hackintosh forums, and can't get over the fact that if you run OSX on a windows PC its basically illegal. Apple has had commercials bragging that vista runs faster on a Mac than a PC. But any mention of running OSX on a PC, and here comes that SLA, license agreement chatter. Its illegal, you are pirating! Thats what they say. But aren't monopolies illegal as well? I used to think that Windows was horrible, with certain sites being blocked unless you are running the latest version of Explorer. I will take my Firefox thank you! But Apple is just as bad, not allowing their OS to be put on any other machines than Macs? Its the equivalent of someone saying "And whatever you do, do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, drive my Ferrari with the keys in it while I am gone. I don't like being told what to do. I want my cake and I want to eat it too. My challenge to you Apple: Make the OSX available to everyone. I WILL buy it if you do so. And I WILL put it on my 800$ Mac Pro Clone, that runs just the same as a real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment