Friday, July 17, 2009

THINGS I RE-USE

I know its not Earth Day or anything, but I was just thinking about how cheap I am, and how that plays a good part in saving the environment. I have a list of things that I re-use that maybe you haven't thought about to re-use yet.
1. Ice: If you change beverages instead of changing ice, just rinse off quickly and now you have new ice.
2. Plastic Bags: They are bad, but if you already have them, use them for kitty litter, oily stuff, chicken discard, any thing that stinks, they really do have a thousand and one uses.
3. Plastic Bottles: Yes before those fancy aluminum bottles were around people re-used their dasani bottles for free. Yes they have some plastics that give off BPA or whatever, but no one heats their bottles up in an oven, do you?
4. Crayons: you can melt them back together in a muffin pan and make HUGE crayons, or you can melt them into any shape you want with foil. Put a wick in them and you have artsy candles.
5. Paper: If you have misprinted something on paper, you can shred it, or you can use it for your next grocery list before you shred it. You can use shredded paper for paper mache, or other paper projects.
6. Aluminum: I used one of those fancy aluminum bottles that got mildewy for a scooter exhaust. I drilled holes in a pipe, filled the bottle with fiberglass, put the pipe through the bottle, and now the scooter sounds really nice instead of overly loud. Yay for sound pollution.
7. Guitar Strings: If you break one or more strings and get a new set, use the old set for a "altoid tin" guitar, or Shoebox Guitar. Look it up on instructables.com
Thats all I can think of right now. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment