Sunday, August 2, 2009

Studying for the test of funtabulation


If you believe in tests as a "measurement of scholastic intelligence" good for you. Because I do not. I am studying for the TeXES exam which is basically an entrance exam for teaching subjects in a school setting. And I am finding that this test probably falls in the same category as a the TEKS test. I am studying for questions on this test rather than studying for knowledge retention. There is no way in hades that anyone can study everything that is needed to ace the Generalist 4-8 test. I believe that you just have to know enough about every little subject to pass. I guess thats what they are going for. A broad base of knowledge. And of course right now, I am typing this blog out instead of studying. My test is Tuesday. I feel like I know Social Studies, Science, Math, and Language well enough, but I need to brush up on a lot of knowledge.
I am for knowing your subject matter intimately, but nobody can know every little bit of knowledge about those 4 subjects all at once? Also my Espresso Machine needs to be de-scaled because daddy needs his caffeine!

No comments:

Post a Comment