Friday, August 14, 2009

Things I have noticed in Retail...

I have noticed some things, let me know if you concur with them or not.
1. Early in the morning 8:00-9:00 am people usually pay cash instead of credit.
2. Older people love bags, no matter how small the object they want that bag for it. Leading me to believe that old people are responsible for all the bags in the landfills:)
3. No body wants more credit cards. They will tell you this bluntly. If they do want a card its because they have never had a card before, or they don't speak English when I explain it to them, or they don't realize that credit is why our country is going under right now.
4. If you come to my register early in the morning with your Starbucks Latte, I seriously want to punch you in the face, because I want one, and cannot get one.
5. Everyone has heard this line before: "Well I didn't find everything...I was looking for a bag of money (or todays winning lottery ticket, or a bucket of money, or a million bucks)" Please stop saying it.
6. People who buy TV's 40" and under will show up with a minivan or Hummer or 13 passenger van. People who buy TV's 45" and above will show up with their Yaris 4dr, or Mercedes and expect it to fit across the back seat. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Please think of how big the box is going to be first:)
7. Nearly everyone who pays with a lot of cash: Hates the government, has some conspiracy theory about the government, or is trying to fly "under the radar".
8. People who work for the government make LOTS of money, I can tell by the accessories they wear. They also don't mind waiting for things because they are getting paid regardless.
Maybe I will ad some more later.

1 comment:

  1. some people get credit cards b/c they have no money and bad credit and really want the new dress, etc....or want the 10% discount right then and there. :)

    ReplyDelete