Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Teaching: The next generation

Well I have made up my mind and decided to become a teacher. I was looking for a career change, and I think this will be good for me. Nearly everyone in my family has been a teacher at one time or another. Some of them have been teachers for 20+ years. I have no experience teaching, but hopefully my Bachelor's of Science will be good enough to get my foot in the door at least. I will be teaching Science or Math, or if I could find it somewhere, Drafting. We are trying to get down in the Austin area, but if I can't get a job there I can always get a DFW job for the time being, and hone my teaching skills. I would make the same amount as I would a draftsman, and it will be rewarding to see your students learn new skill sets and retain knowledge. I always wonder in the back of my mind, what I would ever do if a student broke into the school and started shooting up the place. It seems as if that kind of thing is getting more and more common. I hope that we can teach our kids that there is another answer besides a massive murder suicide, when you get picked on at school. I got picked on at school, heck I probably even did some picking myself. But I hope there will be more teachers out there like me, that won't just turn a blind eye, and nip this kind of crap bully behavior in the bud. No one deserves to be bullied.

No comments:

Post a Comment