Monday, June 8, 2009

Been gone a little while

I was away for a family emergency of sorts. And as I drove back and forth to east texas, I wondered. Why do we not have those cars that can go 120mph while being within a car length of eachother? Why are all the trucks I see getting boxier instead of more aerodynamic? I understand trucks always are going to suck coefficient of drag wise, but the fronts of these things are almost boxier than they were in the mid eighties. Check out hte new f-150 and Dodge Rams, you will see where I am going. But back to the 120mph cars. You could draft each car in front of you, and the computers would do most of the driving for you. Lemme find a youtube link:


Wow I don't think this was the same thing, but it might be the same project. This was over 12 years AGO?!? Wow we have come so far. Oh wait we don't have anything like this on the road. All we have is other different ways to make us lazy drivers. Like the Volvo city stopper or whatever its called, that stops for you because you are an idiot that can't do things on your own. Either be fully automated or fully manual, thats what I say. But just imagine setting the course for home and going to sleep and then waking up at home. Like a bus, but your own car. And imagine if this ran or electricity or biofuels? Awesome. But too bad someone has probably bought this technology out since I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment